Sunday, May 17, 2015

Today we just saw a play at the Kammerspiele called Die Zofen. It was a very interesting piece of theatre about escape and entrapment. It was one of those pieces that sits with you for a few hours after watching, making you think. Janet warned us that the theatre in Germany was different than in the US and she's never been more right. Theatre to me was a very concrete idea, one that had rules and specific terms it required to be deemed a good show. Theatre in Germany has obliterated that opinion. We have seen such a broad spectrum. Every night has been something completely different and with each difference one can learn so much about how to express an idea on stage. I am so thankful for this experience and opportunity to broaden my horizon in the world of theatre. 
 
With our program winding down and coming to an end it feels like I have been in Germany for months. I know the last few days are going to go by so quickly and I want to take in every second. This cultural submersion has been so fruitful and I cannot express my gratitude enough. I am so inspired to continue in my german studies, not just learning vocabulary and grammar but the culture. I can't wait to expand my learning of German theatre, music and so many other awesome things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment