Sunday, May 10, 2015

The most important thing I've learned thus far about Germany is that if a door looks like you pull to open it, you're probably wrong. I think I've got the hang of it though. I've also been getting the hang of so much more. There is something new to learn about the German language and culture everyday. I have been in Germany for twelve days and it feels like I've been here for months. I still have fifteen more days and I can't for what I'm going to learn next. I am immensely impressed with the German people; their architecture and willingness to more forward and learn from the past has definitely left an impression on me. I am so thankful for this opportunity and I've been loving every second.

Today we had a very "German day." We started off with listening to some readings of books that were burned during the Nazi rule, went to three museums, and ended with a modern rendition of Faust. And of course we stopped for cake, coffee, and pretzels throughout the day. Tonight we are packing for our time in the alps. I'm very excited to see what the alps have in store.

Josiah






No comments:

Post a Comment