Wednesday, May 20, 2015

The Curtain has Dropped

It's finished, the program is over. I'll admit that I'm quite sad but at the same time, I couldn't have asked for a more amazing experience. I've seen, done and learned more over the past few weeks than I have on any trip prior. I've fallen in love with München and have developed a strong opinion on art and theatre. I discovered things I never knew about myself and wound up shedding some layers to reveal parts of me I used to have. It sounds extremely cheesy, stereotypical, canned, etc., but I have truly changed because of this trip and I'm getting back to me; as in the Zachary I want to be. Like previous things I've tried to explain through a blog, I simply can't put into words all that has happened or all that's going on in the little walnut of a brain I happen to have. Just know that it's a good thing. Thank you to Molly, Amy and Josiah, to the organizations who sponsored us, the teachers we had, and of course, the one and only, Janet.

Janet, thank you to the moon and back for planning such a lovely adventure. I already said this, but I have had a trip of a lifetime. I had no idea how much I would take away from my time in Germany, but it wouldn't have happened without you. You flawlessly executed everything (including running down a mountain in a way that I can only describe as "gut-wrenchingly comical"), even while being sick during the program. You're such a trooper and you have an infinite amount of passion and knowledge. You put your all into our time here and I can't thank you enough. I know for a fact that I will miss having classes with you next year. Thank you again, Janet. You're the best!!

Well, now that everyone is gone, I'm just trying to find places to eat here in Munich that aren't too awkward to eat alone at. Fingers crossed that I find a few places before the sun sets. Food today, food tomorrow, food forever.

Can't wait to be studying here next year!

Thanks everyone for an ever-lasting, happy thought,
~Zachary

P.s. Molly, you're trash <3






No comments:

Post a Comment